Yes - A visa is required for travel to Namibia

Thursday, December 13, 2018

It is not required to obtain a business visa in advance to enter into Namibia for the purpose of attending workshops (not as facilitator), attending meetings, or exploring business opportunities. The traveler must carry supporting documents along with valid passport and apply for a Visitor´s Entry Permit (VEP) endorsement stamp at the port of entry to Namibia. A visa may be required in advnace if the purpose of travel to Namibia is other than basic business meetings.


Passport Requirements:

Original, signed passport valid for 6 months beyond stay, with at least two blank passport pages available for Visitor´s Entry Permit (VEP) endorsement. Amendment pages in the back of the passport are not suitable for Namibian visas.


Namibia Visa Application Form:

One completed and signed Namibia visa application form. After placing your order, fill out the application form included in your Visa Application Kit.


Photo Requirements:

Two recent 2 x 2 passport type photographs in color, front view and with a plain/white background.


Business Cover Letter:

Letter from employer or sponsoring company in the US, on company letterhead, introducing the applicant, indicating the applicant's employment status/position held in the company, and clearly stating the purpose of visit to Namibia. The business letter must also indicate who will be financially responsible for the applicant and must provide detailed contact information in Namibia.


Proof of Travel Arrangements:

Computer generated flight itinerary from the airline or a travel agency or copy of airline ticket showing entry and departure from Namibia.

Washington D.C.: You must provide confirmation of hotel accommodation or reservation.


Special Instructions:

If traveling to Namibia to work at a subsidiary company, such as to give training to local staff or conduct audits or if traveling to perform volunteer work of any kind this will require the traveler to apply for an employment permit or a work visa.